Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mini-Wardrobe Contest

I have hoped to enter the contests on Pattern Review many, MANY times and have yet to actually finish my entry in the time alloted and actually entered the contest.  However, this month they are running the "mini-wardrobe" contest which requires a minimum of 5 garments (4 of which must be made during the contest) to create a minimum of 6 outfits.  I decided to give myself the extra challenge of working from my stash as much as possible.  It took me a few days to figure out my plan but I think that I have come up with a workable plan that will allow me to create a work wardrobe for fall and winter without purchasing any new fabric.

 
Now, I might have thought out a series of supplemental garments which will finish my fabulous "vintage glamour" wardrobe... but one thing at a time!

So here is my planned wardrobe:

 
A sheath dress in a navy pinstripe wool.  The pinstripes are in shades of ivory, purple, and jade green.  I am using an altered version of B4343, finished with bias tape rather than lined because one of my outfit ideas involves layering the dress over my next item:


 
A pussybow bouse made of sheer ivory silk.  (My thought is that the dress over the blouse will mimic the Heidi Merrick "Kate" dress and the gorgous version made by the Selfish Seamstress herself.)  The blouse will also pair beautifully with this flared, feminine skirt made in a camel colored shetland wool.  

 
All of these items will pair beautifully with a navy cashmere coat with a vintage fur collar and lined in a white and navy print.  I bought the fabric for this peice well over a year ago and didn't get around to making it up while it was still cold out... Being forced to finish this before the end of September is perfect because Cleveland being what it is, I'll (sadly) probably need it the first week of October!

 
For my final peice I want to use a cardigan in a shade to match the pinstripe in the sheath dress.  As I am allowed to use a purchased item, I already have a purple cardigan that will work in case I don't have time to create something new.  Ideally though, I'd like to make something new if I can find the perfect sweaterknit because I had planned on the coat being my key outfit rather than the cardigan.  Although either way will comply with the rules.
 
 
Happily, I managed to get quite a bit of work done this weekend!  All the pattern peices are cut out for all four garments and I finished the skirt, which fits gorgeously and will definitely become a TNT.
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment