I originally tried to sew this entire project on the serger. However, I couldn't find quite the right tension for this soft, spongy knit so I finished the edges on the serger but sewed the seams with a zigzag stitch on a standard machine.
I did make some alterations to the pattern. I did not add the buttoned tab to the back and due to the drapiness of my fabric choice, the pleats in the skirt did not lay crisp and flat so I eventually gave up and simply made the casing for the elastic. Unfortunately, this resulted in making me look ever so slightly pregnant... not exactly what I was going for. So I styled the finished product with a wide elastic and patent leather belt which helped to smooth the silhouette and define a waistline in what was starting to look rather tent-like.
That said, I think I will make this one again. It's fantastically comfortable and could be a great winter staple. I currently have a cranberry ponte knit in the stash that I think will give those pleats the crisp-ness they deserve.