Thursday, January 19, 2012

Some (Belated) Resoultions

Having missed both New Years and my "blogiversary" I have decided that January 19 is the perfect time to set myself some sewing goals for 2012.  I have two major projects that I want to tackle...

First and foremost, I desperately need to complete my closet of outstanding UFOs.  I probably have 20 projects or more that have been abandoned in various states of incompleteness ranging from "partially cut out" to "everything is done but the hem or other handstitching."  It's really sort of ridiculous. 

No, not this kind of UFO...
My other major goal is to create a capsule wardrobe in shades of camel, navy, and ivory.  I have started gathering fabrics and patterns and have an inspiration board going.  Some major pieces that are already planned:
  • Navy dress (almost complete... see UFOs above)
  • Navy cashmere coat with vintage fur collar
  • Camel cape (on the cutting table for this evening)
  • Ivory silk blouse
  • Navy wool suit (started last year and abandoned during the move)
  • Ivory wool shift dress
  • Camel pencil skirt
I also have some other minor goals.  I'd really like to actually finish some patternreview.com contests.  I have started wearable muslin for the jeans contest running now and I'm really looking forward to having some custom jeans.  I also would like to tackle menswear.  My gentleman friend has wondered when exactly he is going to get a bespoke suit, although I think I may have to start with a dress shirt and then a blazer before tackling that most ambitious of projects given that I've never made menswear completely on my own and from scratch.  I have altered menswear.  I have designed costumes for men.  I have assisted in suit construction.  But I have never yet attempted menswear from conception through completion... so we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment