As per my last post, today I finished my cream, 1970s skirt. I made this out of a pattern I "acquired" from my Grandmother's basement but cannot now locate. Therefore I am sadly unable to identify it for your reading pleasure. This skirt sports front side pockets and a VERY high waist. The bottom of the waistband hits at the natural waist while the top of the wide band lands just under the bust.
The fabrication is a relatively heavyweight wool which I have previously used in a different color for both a skirt and a cape. Despite the heaviness, it is very soft and has a bit of a drape so I decided to underline in a silk dupioni, adding a bit more body and structure to the strong A-line of the skirt.
Yesterday I installed the zipper and hand-stitched the lining of the waistband. Today I added three hook and eye fasteners to the center back of the waistband, ironed the heck out of this thing, and hemmed the skirt to just below the knee.