Monday, October 7, 2013

Shop San Francisco - Episode One: Fabric Outlet

So this was a full weekend for me!  I picked up the bicycle I ordered from Public on Valencia and while I was in the area, I decided to visit one of the fabric stores on my list of places to check out in the Bay Area.

For my first excursion into San Francisco fabric shopping I went to Fabric Outlet on Mission Street.  I have to say I am very impressed.  And I will definitely be returning when I have more time to spend browsing. 


The store has a huge selection and lot of good deals on offer... and they were running a 40% off sale on top of the (incredibly reasonable) regular prices.


I was particularly impressed with the selection of buttons, zippers, and other notions which were not only inexpensive, but also offered options that one cannot find at Joanns or other chain options.




 
On a weekend when I could spend a lot of time and money this trip could have easily lasted hours.  But this time I had my photographer (read: boyfriend) with me and I tried to be considerate and not spend several hours in a fabric haze...wandering around and fondling the textiles.  Instead, I kept to plan and only purchased some red silky lining material and buttons to use on my next project: a lined jacket!  (to be posted soon...)


And after our fabric shopping adventure we continued exploring the mission and enjoyed the very impressive views and outstanding weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment