Tuesday, October 22, 2013

UFOs... project "WTF"

 
So please ignore the poor quality selfie, but I am totally befuddled by my incomplete rendition M5752... a dress that should be fabulous.  But I apparently decided sometime in January of 2011 that I wouldn't bother to finish this garment which proved problematic to past me.  So nearly three years ago I abandoned this dress at this point of undone:
  
 
If I pin on the other (distressingly wrinkled) pattern pieces I wind up with this disheveled mess... and I have EXTRA pieces!  Extra pieces that I have zero idea what they are because the dress is fully pinned!  Thus the befuddlement and WTF face of the initial picture.


In this case, I am incredibly grateful for the blogging... if not for the post from January of 2011, I would have no idea why this was a) in a bag, b) not completed in any semblance of order (see the directions below), and 3) why it looked like an angry dog was chewing on the sleeve. 

 
 
On the bright side, I've decided what I'm going to do for the Vintage Pattern contest.  I will make this classic shirt dress in this lovely brown polka dot sateen.  However, I think the look will be modernized somewhat by the fact that this polka dot is a border print...  We'll see.  It will either be cool or crazypants.  This is always a gamble.
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for finishing! UFOs are pretty much NFOs in my hands (Never finished!). Pretty polka dots, too! WTF = Why The Face, right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete