Friday, March 18, 2011

Sad news but happy purchases!

As previously stated, my local JoAnns is closing.  This is sad for a number of reasons, namely that the next nearest place to purchase fabrics, notions, thread, and so forth is almost a half an hour drive away. 

But on the upside, the entire store is being sold at some serious clearance prices...  If you are in the Cleveland area hit up the JoAnns in Lakewood on Detroit.  Most of the store, including all the fabrics, is 75% off!  And Vogue, McCalls, and Butterick patterns are 8 for $2!

I have made two trips so far.  The first day I spent $89 and took home the following:


I bought fabric for pajama pants, a lightweight polka-dot cotton for a button down, gray suiting for a pair of slacks, 8 patterns, several picture frames, votive candle holders, various Wilton cake decorating supplies, and notions such as zippers and thread and elastic and machine needles.

This afternoon I went back and spent another $81...



I picked up another 13 patterns, more flannel for pajamas, fabrics and notions for a new navy wool suit, new zipper feet, and planting pots which I intend to use for kitchen herbs.  At full price today's purchase would have cost over $400. 

So all in all I am pretty impressed with myself.  Don't be suprised if I make another trip in the next few days... The manager informed me that they are increasing the markdowns each Friday so I may pop by periodically until they close on April 11 to see what is left and pick up more deeply discounted merchandise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment