So today I finished marking the front, side, side back, and back (step 2) as well as the upper sleeve (step 3). Then I began to assemble the fronts. (And I managed to take a photo where the colors are true to life... victory!)
I cut out the dart from the front interfacing and pinned the hair canvas onto the front section. (Step 5)
Catchstitches are sewn left to right with the needle pointing to the left. The stitches make a row of neat little x's and cannot be seen from the right side.
My hope is that I will be able to finish constructing the jacket fronts over the weekend. This may not happen, but a girl can dream!
In other news, I have lost over 15 pounds! I joined Weight Watchers about eight weeks ago with the hope that I could get back to the same size as my custom dress form. The only problem is that by the time I finish this darn jacket it just may be too big for me! :)