Wednesday, March 30, 2011

V8333 - Taping the Front (Steps 19-24)


Today I completed Steps 19 through 24: Taping the Fronts.  First I marked the seam allowance on the interfacing and trimmed the interfacing to the seam allowance line.



Then I cut stay tape and placed it along the seam allowance.  After basting the tape in place I attached it permanently with more fell stitches.  Finally I removed the basting stitches and pressed the fronts into place again.


So while these have not been the most interesting of steps to complete, I am continuing my dedication to high quality workmanship... at least for this project.  I think though I may need a quick project after I finally complete this as a palate cleanser of sorts.

In other news, I have decided to move.  For the last few weeks I've been tossing over the idea in my mind.  While I like my current apartment, it definitely has it's cons... It's on the fourth floor of a building without an elevator, I have some "interesting" neighbors, I don't have parking or a dishwasher or laundry facilities, and as a one bedroom it does not provide me with a dedicated sewing space.  I've been looking around and I am confident that I will be able to find a two bedroom with parking and a dishwasher for the same price (if not cheaper).  

This evening I looked at the downstairs unit of a duplex.  While it was advertised as a two bedroom, it is more a one bedroom with a den and "bonus" room in the back.  The location is fantastic, the price is right, it has both a dishwasher and washer/dryer, and that aforementioned bonus room would be the perfect sewing room.  It is a large room off the kitchen with natural light and built in cabinetry and a desk along one wall that would alieviate the need to purchase additional furniture.  As I wandered through the rooms I had mentally moved in... until I saw the kitchen... Seriously, this is the ugliest kitchen I have ever seen.  Functionally it's fine.  The appliances are relatively new, it has a dishwasher and a garbage disposal, but the floor is that terrible laminate that is pretending to be parquet flooring and the cabinets are hideous.   These cabinets do not belong in a private kitchen so much as in a science lab in a high school.  So here is my deillemma... do I put in an application given all the pros and learn to deal with the ugly kitchen?  Currently I'm leaning toward yes, although I fortunately have until at least Tuesday to think about it because the landlord is going out of town for the next few days.  So hopefully I'll get a chance to look at some other places this weekend and better make a decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment