Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jeans Update

No picture today because the batteries in my digital camera died.  (I am so very unprepared for this whole "blogging" thing, I maybe should have given it a bit more thought...) 

Tonight I made the belt loops, attached the waistband, and topstiched the whole kit and caboodle.  The waistband is somewhat looser than I would like but I feel like it is not a fit issue so much as having cut it on the bias.  For the next pair I make I think I'll cut the waistband on the grain or possibly interface it to provide some more structure.  Likewise, I may make the next pair in a sturdier denim with a little less stretch and a wider leg.  The stretch denim definitely makes them look like jeans you could pick up at the mall, but if I'm going to go to the bother of custom making my own pants I may as well fit them rather than allow the lycra to do all the work for me...  That said, between the lycra and the large pockets, these jeans do wonderful things for one's backside.

The only steps left are making the buttonhole, topstiching the ends of the buttonhole, and hemming.  My machine started jamming again when I attempted the buttonhole so I decided to call it a night.  Shocking I know as it's only 2:30 a.m.!  I haven't been able to sleep well this week.  It's been good for productivity on personal projects but not so great for the workday.  I blame my newfound commitment to good health and diet.  I've foregone my nightly glass (or occasionally, glasses) of wine and now I no longer happily drift off in a lovely boozy fog... sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment